Monday, August 19, 2013

Franc Beauséjour 2010 Bordeaux, Gabart-Laval Export


For $50 or so you can get a splendid French wine. Many wine lovers may not know that there are plentiful value wines from France that provide a trés rewarding experience.
Take this wine from Franc Beauséjour, for example. I bought this at Aficionado for a mere $9.99. Less than $10 is a nice price tag for a bottle from one of the greatest wine regions in the world.
Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon are the principal grapes in Bordeaux. Depending on which area of Bordeaux the wine hails from, the blend may be Merlot or Cabernet driven.
The Franc Beauséjour is from Gabart-Laval Export and is a blend of 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc. This is a light and smooth wine. My first sip was a tad tannic, but as I continued it became very smooth with tastes of light red berries.
The finish exhibited a touch of pepper. It was a finish to a thoroughly enjoyable wine that is a commendable value. At this price, you can easily purchase a case to have on hand as an everyday sipper.
Vivé La France!
Technorati Tags: ,,,
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had this wine last Thanksgiving and can't say that I was very impressed. After my discovery of Washington reds, "affordable" French wines taste way too thin to me.