Friday, December 28, 2012

Michel-Schlumberger 2007 La Brume Chardonnay

Wine review by Tasting Team Member Dr. J

Hoped to get a review sooner than this but I've been enjoying Christmas ales lately!

I didn't really start to appreciate Chardonnay until last year.  It is quickly becoming one of my favorite wines.  I happened upon a closeout at The Anderson's a while back on the 2007 Michel-Schlumberger la brume Chardonnay for $9.99.  If I remember correctly, this was regularly a $20 bottle. 

Chilled, this wine is lightly floral with trace hints of oak on the nose.  On the palate, peach and pineapple dominate with undertones of vanilla.  As this wine warmed, it really started to open up and display more character.   Loads of butter and peach are apparent while it remains fresh and crisp.  The wine is very creamy with light tannins and acids on the finish for a nicely balanced wine.  I really enjoyed this Chardonnay. 

Rating: 4 out of 5, Value: 4 out of 5
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: