Plate with chocolate (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Escape cabin fever and treat your sweetie to a Valentine surprise February 1-2 and 8-9 during the Chocolate is for Lovers Wine Weekends along the Vines and Wines Trail in northeast Ohio.
Sixteen wineries will be participating and will offer two wine samples and an appetizer at each stop. You’ll also receive a candy dish and luscious chocolates by Bakers Candies of Cleveland to take home with the bottles you might be gathering along the way. Participants will receive a Schott Zwiesel wine glass and enjoy the hospitality at each family owned winery during an otherwise dreary time of year.
Participating wineries are:
- Bene Vino Urban Winery, Perry
- Biscotti's Family Winery, Conneaut
- Buccia Vineyards, Conneaut
- Debonné Vineyards, Madison
- Deer's Leap Winery, Geneva
- Emerine Estates, Jefferson
- Ferrante Winery & Ristorante, Geneva
- Goddess Wine House, Ashtabula
- Grand River Cellars, Madison
- Maple Ridge Vineyards, Madison
- Old Firehouse Winery, Geneva-on-the-Lake
- Old Mill Winery, Geneva
- Tarsitano Winery, Conneaut
- The Lakehouse Inn Winery, Geneva-on-the-Lake
- The Winery at Spring Hill, Geneva
- Virant Family Winery, Geneva
The cost is $50 a couple or $40 for a single traveler. Only 150 tickets are available, so you should act quickly. Several lodging discounts are available for trail travelers providing a perfect way to create a weekend escape from the ordinary. Click here to order your tickets.