Saturday, December 10, 2011

Claddagh Irish Pub Unveils New Winter Menu

TWAV recently received an invitation from JaNeil Mesteller, general manager of Claddagh Irish Pub, at Westfield Franklin Park Mall in Toledo to preview their new winter pub menu and have “a spirited evening of food and drinks.” Tasting team member Dr. J was ready for this call to action and filed this report.
Casey was unable to attend so I took my friend Tom to the media preview reception at Claddagh. We were happily greeted by general manager JaNeil Mesteller as we were seated for what became a very enjoyable evening. We mingled with a small group from Destination Toledo, Inc., where I talked everything wine for most of the evening.
The food was wonderful. Our first plate consisted of tomato mozzarella skewers, Bass ale stuffed mushrooms, baked goat cheese with marinara, and Ballymaloe meatballs. The mushrooms were stuffed with cream cheese, shallots, and garlic. I love mushrooms, so this was an instant favorite for me. I was hesitant about the goat cheese, but it was great the way it was put together; marinara topped with fresh thyme and cracked peppercorns served with crostini [Italian for "little toast"].
The next plate was Yuengling shrimp, beef pot roast, and chicken pot pie. I was torn between the shrimp and the pot pie for the best serving of the night. The shrimp are Yuengling battered and fried and tossed in sweet chili sauce. I mistakenly took the pot pie as dessert, as it was served in a glass with Asiago crumb topping a
nd a spoon. It was some of the best pot pie I have had.
We finished with a dessert trio of walnut bars, mini apple pie cups, and profiteroles, a.k.a. cream puffs. As with prior experiences at Claddagh, everything was top notch.
Enhanced by Zemanta




No comments: